Research and Development Manager
Hogrefe Publishing is looking for a professional to join our team with a specialization in psychometrics and measurement. You will be based in our Boston area office (Newburyport) and also work with our companies in Europe and Brazil on the research, design, and development of our assessments and adaptations by leveraging
digital technologies, new measurement models, and digital data sources.
Project management and collaboration
- Provide expertise in best practices for psychometric test development, including sampling, validity and reliability calculations, and with an emphasis on digital assessment development.
- Prioritize and manage different assessment development projects at both the local and Group level.
- Perform tasks such as data cleaning, data management, descriptive and inferential statistics, and assessment development analyses.
- Advise colleagues on how to communicate the measurement statistics both in technical manuals and in marketing communications.
- Stay current on new technologies and techniques in order to share knowledge in a small team and agile environment among the Hogrefe companies.
- Meet regularly with other research colleagues and contribute to international conference presentations to further the Hogrefe brand.
- Doctoral degree in measurement, psychometrics, statistics or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in research, measurement and/or psychometrics including experience with quantitative analysis and statistical packages (e.g. R, SPSS, SAS, etc.).
- Strong innovative and analytical skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Equally comfortable working as a part of a team and independently.
- Higher than average attention to detail and quality control.
- Prior work with colleagues and/or with customers in a global environment.
Hogrefe Publishing offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, and 401K match, as well as
remote working possibilities. Please send your resume or CV to Pamela Becker for consideration.
We look forward to receiving your application!
1 857 880 2002
361 Newbury Street, 5th Floor