May 2023: New update available
The Clinical Handbook of Psychotropic Drugs for Children and Adolescents Online is the full-text online version of the popular Clinical Handbook of Psychotropic Drugs for Children and Adolescents. It retains all the practical features for which the Clinical Handbook is renowned and makes the information even more easily accessible.
As in the print edition, instantly recognizable icons and color coding allow you to find at a glance the information you seek. But the CHPD for Children and Adolescents Online version offers much more. Unique features that allow even quicker access to the wealth of information include:
- New: Drug monographs that summarize the information on a single drug, with the option to display information on other drugs in the same class
- New: Side-by-side drug comparisons to see at a glance differences and similarities between them
- Auto-completion powered search function
- Browse features for Generic Names, Trade Names, Indications, and Interacting Agents
- Column-selector enhancement of comparison charts that allows you to choose which information is displayed
- Hundreds of additional references
- Literature hot links for quick access to further reading
New in this update:
- New chapters on Prescribing Safely and Ethically to Children and Adolescents, Pharmacogenetic Information for Common Psychotropic Drugs, and Aggression Management in Children and Adolescents
- Neuroscience-based nomenclature added to Product Availability tables
- Antipsychotic-Induced Extrapyramidal Side Effect (EPSE) chapter completely revised, plus new section on monitoring scales for EPSE
- Anxiolytics section on buspirone and benzodiazepine comparison table revised
- Mood Stabilizers chapter extensively revised
- Natural Health Products comprehensively revised
- New Unapproved Treatments revised, including preliminary evidence for cannabidiol and folinic acid for autism spectrum disorder and ketamine for mood disorder
- New agents: deutetrabenazine, ethopropazine, lemborexant, lumateperone, orphenadrine, tetrabenazine, valbenazine, viloxazine
- New formulations and trade names: Austedo, Caplyta, Dayvigo, Drizalma Sprinkle, Elepsia XR, Eprontia, Evekeo ODT, Gocovri, Hetlioz LQ, Ingrezza, Invega Hafyera, Jornay PM, Loreev XR, Lybalvi, Osmolex ER, Oxtellar XR, Parsitan, Perseris, Qelbree, Qudexy XR, Secuado, Spritam, Tyrvaya, Valtoco
Access is available by subscription. For individual customers, subscription is available on a 2-year rolling basis. Access details will be e-mailed once your order has been processed (usually within 24–72 hours).
Do you want print and online? Deal with adults and children? Then combine CHPD publications and save. Click here for more information.